iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
Apple has announced their flagship lineup iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, along with the Apple Watch Series 2 and a set of wireless headphones called AirPods at the Keynote event held in San Francisco on wednesday.
- Stereo speakers
- New camera has optical image stabilization – 6 element lens with f/1.8 aperture. 60% faster than previous iPhones. The iPhone 7 has a single lens camera; the 7 Plus has a dual lens camera (wide angle and telephoto).
- iPhone 7 Plus: New ‘portrait’ effect on the camera to add depth of field to photos
- Water and dust resistant
- Longer battery life: Apple says the 7’s battery will last two hours longer than the 6, and the 7 Plus battery lasts one hour more than the 6 Plus.
- Comes in jet black, black, gold, silver, rose gold
- Headphones will connect via the Lightning port. A free set comes with with the phone, plus an adaptor for traditional 3.5mm jack headphones
- And AirPods – wireless headphones (with a microphone) that have infrared sensors that detect when they’re in your ear and only play then. W1 chip connects the AirPods to your other Apple devices. The batteries last for 5 hours and the AirPods come with a charging case that holds 24 hours of charge.
- A10 Fusion chip with a 64-bit four core CPU
- Storage: 32GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Cost: Starts from £599
- Key dates: ordering on Sept 9, shipping on Sept 16
Apple watch series 2
- Waterproof down to 50 metres
- 50% faster,
- 2x brighter screen
- Built-in GPS so you can run without your phone
- Pokemon Go Apple Watch app
- Option of buying it in ceramic (4x stronger than stainless steel) for £1,249
- Starts at £369 for standard Apple Watch 2